Our software vendor has updated their security.
Here is some information on how to update a web browser if you have trouble accessing our portal to register. Anything prior to 2010 will not work, because it is using an old protocol. Thank you.
– – – – – –
Effective October 22, 2018, iClassPro will no longer support TLS 1.0 connections to its site (including the Staff Portal and Parent Portal). This is a necessary update and is standard practice across the Internet.
While iClassPro always recommends the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari for accessing the administrative side of the program, we are aware that some staff members and parents may be using outdated browsers to access the Staff Portal or Parent Portal (respectively). This change means that users with the following browsers will no longer be able to connect:
- Google Chrome 21 and below
- Firefox 22 and below
- Desktop IE versions 7 and below
- Mobile IE versions 10 and below
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and below
- Mobile Safari for iOS 4 and below
- Desktop Safari versions 6 and below for OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and below
- Desktop IE versions 8, 9, and 10 — Compatible only when running Windows 7 or newer, but not by default. (Windows Vista, XP and earlier are incompatible and cannot be configured to support TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2.)
The following browsers may be compatible depending on your Operating System:
- Google Chrome 22 to 37 — Compatible when running on Windows XP SP3, Vista, or newer (desktop), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or newer (desktop), or Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) or newer (mobile).
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) to 4.4.4 — May be compatible with TLS 1.1 or higher. Some devices with Android 4.4.x may not support TLS 1.1 or higher.
If you are using Safari, Mac OS X will regularly & automatically check for updates to Safari (and any other software you have installed via the App Store) and prompt you in the top-right hand corner of the screen regarding updates as they are found so you can install them.
If you are using one of the other browsers that will no longer be supported, it will be necessary to update your browser to continue using iClassPro. To do this:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, look at the More icon (the three dots)
- If an update is pending, the icon will be colored:
- Green: An update has been available for 2 days.
- Orange: An update has been available for 4 days.
- Red: An update has been available for 7 days.
To update Google Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the More icon (the three dots)
- Click Update Google Chrome. If you don’t see this button, you’re on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
Mac users: You can also set up automatic browser updates for all users of your computer if Google Chrome is installed in your Applications folder. Go to “About Google Chrome,” and click Automatically update Chrome for all users.
Linux users: Use your package manager to update Google Chrome.
Windows 8: Close all Chrome windows and tabs on the desktop, then relaunch Chrome to apply the update.
- At the top right, click the menu button (the three lines).
- Click the Help icon (question mark) and select About Firefox.
- The About Mozilla Firefox window will open. Firefox will begin checking for updates and downloading them automatically.
- When the updates are ready to be installed, click Restart to update Firefox.
Desktop IE versions 8, 9, and 10 (running Windows 7 or newer)
You will need to enable support for TLS 1.1 or higher to continue using these browsers. To do this:
- In Windows, open CONTROL PANEL (START>CONTROL PANEL).
- Click Internet Options.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab.
- In the “Settings” box, select “Use TLS 1.1” and “Use TLS 1.2” (if available).
- Click OK.
- Restart IE.